First Responder Recertification Course (FR-r)
Price is per person
The recertification course includes First Aid & CPR/AED BLS Guidelines 2018 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Advanced First Aid.
- Cost: $499.99/person* (Price includes the new PDF format e-manual) Add Emergency Care Manual from EMR/First Responder course menu if you want a printed version of the manual
- Length: 20-24 hours
- Minimum: 4 people per class
- Take Home: E-Certification Card / Wall Certificate (upon successful completion)
- Mar 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p)
- Apr 15-16 & 22-23 (9a-7p) 3 Spots Left
- May 6-7 & 13-14 (9a-7p) 2 Spots Left
- Jun 3-4 & 10-11 (9a-7p) 4 Spots Left
- Jul 8-9 & 15-16 (9a-7p)
- Aug 12-13 & 19-20 (9a-7p)
- Sept 23-24 & 30-Oct 1 (9a-7p) [*Injury SIM*]
- Oct 21-22 & 28-29 (9a-7p) [*Injury SIM*]
- Nov 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p) [*Injury SIM*]
- Dec 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p)
[*Injury SIM courses will add classroom scenarios with patients who have simulated injuries with victim makeup*]
- Select course dates & options and pay securely through PayPal. Select Pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
- Right Reaction will email you full course details about 5 days before the course.
- Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd.
Please read our Professional Responder Courses cancellation policy.
Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
How to pay for a course – answers in FAQ’s.
Price is per person.
The recertification course includes First Aid & CPR/AED BLS Guidelines 2018 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Professional Responders.
20-24 hours with flexible scheduling options
3-year Recertification in First Responder
Includes CPR Level BLS
Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Responder Instructor or Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
Recertification courses may be taken IF participants:
- Have a CURRENT, UNEXPIRED certification card.
- The previous course was a RED CROSS certification course.
Participants may NOT recertify if their certification card is expired.
Participants may NOT recertify if their certification card is from another first aid organization.
A big focus of the course is on advanced first aid equipment including:
- Oral Airways
- Oxygen Administration
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Measuring Blood Pressure
- Spinals – including boarding, cervical collars and helmet removal
- KED application (Kendrick Extrication Device)
- Traction Splints (Sager Traction Splint)
The course also teaches about serious injuries including:
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Deadly Bleeding and Shock
- Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Special Populations and Crisis Intervention
- Multiple Casualty Incidents
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care Manual (if participant doesn’t have current manual)
- E-certification card, wall certificate
Mar 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p), Apr 15-16 & 22-23 (9a-7p), May 6-7 & 13-14 (9a-7p), Jun 3-4 & 10-11 (9a-7p), Jul 8-9 & 15-16 (9a-7p), Aug 12-13 & 19-20 (9a-7p), Sept 23-24 & 30-Oct 1 (9a-7p), Oct 21-22 & 28-29 (9a-7p), Nov 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p), Dec 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p)
I Have Read & Understood Right Reaction's Course Cancellation Policies