Emergency Medical Responder Recertification Course (EMR-r)
Course length: 40 hrs.
Price is per person
The recertification course includes First Aid & CPR Guidelines 2018 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Advanced First Aid.
- Cost: $599.99/person* (Price includes the new PDF format e-manual) Add Emergency Care Manual from EMR/First Responder course menu if you want a printed version of the manual
- Length: 40 hours
- Minimum: 4 people per class
- Take Home: Certification Card (upon successful completion)
- Mar 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p)
- Apr 15-16 & 22-23 (9a-7p) 3 Spots Left
- May 6-7 & 13-14 (9a-7p) 2 Spots Left
- Jun 3-4 & 10-11 (9a-7p) 4 Spots Left
- Jul 8-9 & 15-16 (9a-7p)
- Aug 12-13 & 19-20 (9a-7p)
- Sept 23-24 & 30-Oct 1 (9a-7p) [*Injury SIM*]
- Oct 21-22 & 28-29 (9a-7p) [*Injury SIM*]
- Nov 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p) [*Injury SIM*]
- Dec 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p)
[*Injury SIM courses will add classroom scenarios with patients who have simulated injuries with victim makeup*]
- Select course dates & options and pay securely through PayPal. Select Pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
- Right Reaction will email you full course details about 5 days before the course.
- Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd.
Please read our Professional Responder Courses cancellation policy.
Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
How to pay for a course – answers in FAQ’s.
Price is per person.
The recertification course includes First Aid & CPR/AED BLS Guidelines 2018 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Professional Responders.
- 40 hours with flexible scheduling options
- 3-year Recertification in Emergency Medical Responder
- Includes CPR Level BLS
- Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
- Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Responder Instructor or Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
Please be aware that WSIB rules state that participants MUST alternate Full Courses and Recertification Courses.
Recertification courses may be taken IF participants:
- Have a CURRENT, UNEXPIRED certification card.
- The previous course was a RED CROSS certification course.
Participants may NOT recertify if their certification card is expired.
Participants may NOT recertify if their certification card is from another first aid organization.
A big focus of the course is on advanced first aid equipment including:
- Oral/Nasal Airways
- Oxygen Administration
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Measuring Blood Pressure
- Spinals – including boarding, cervical collars and helmet removal
- KED application (Kendrick Extrication Device)
- Traction Splints (Sager Traction Splint)
The course also teaches about serious injuries including:
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Deadly Bleeding and Shock
- Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Special Populations and Crisis Intervention
- Multiple Casualty Incidents
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care Manual (if participant doesn’t have current manual)
- Certification card, wall certificate (optional)
Mar 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p), Apr 15-16 & 22-23 (9a-7p), May 6-7 & 13-14 (9a-7p), Jun 3-4 & 10-11 (9a-7p), Jul 8-9 & 15-16 (9a-7p), Aug 12-13 & 19-20 (9a-7p), Sept 23-24 & 30-Oct 1 (9a-7p), Oct 21-22 & 28-29 (9a-7p), Nov 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p), Dec 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p)
I Have Read & Understood Right Reaction's Course Cancellation Policies