Emergency Medical Responder Recertification Course (EMR-r)
Course length: 40 hrs.
Price is per person
The recertification course includes First Aid & CPR Guidelines 2018 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Advanced First Aid.
- Cost: $579.99/person* (Price includes the new PDF format e-manual) Add Emergency Care Manual from EMR/First Responder course menu if you want a printed version of the manual
- Length: 40 hours
- Minimum: 4 people per class
- Take Home: Certification Card (upon successful completion)
- Jul 10-11 & 17-18 (9a-7p) FULL
- Aug 21-22 & 28-29 (9a-7p) FULL
- Sept 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p) 1 Spot Left
- Oct 16-17 & 23-24 (9a-7p) 2 Spots Left
- Nov 6-7 & 13-14 (9a-7p) 1 Spot Left
- Dec 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p) 3 Spots Left
- Jan 15-16 & 22-23 (9a-7p)
- Feb 19-20 & 26-27 (9a-7p)
- Mar 12-13 & 19-20 (9a-7p)
- Apr 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p)
- May 14-15 & 21-22 (9a-7p)
- June 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p)
- July 16-17 & 23-24 (9a-7p)
- Aug 13-14 & 20-21 (9a-7p)
- Select course dates & options and pay securely through PayPal. Select Pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
- Right Reaction will email you full course details about 5 days before the course.
- Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd.
Price is per person.
The recertification course includes First Aid & CPR/AED BLS Guidelines 2018 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Professional Responders.
- 40 hours with flexible scheduling options
- 3-year Recertification in Emergency Medical Responder
- Includes CPR Level BLS
- Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
- Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Responder Instructor or Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
Please be aware that WSIB rules state that participants MUST alternate Full Courses and Recertification Courses.
Recertification courses may be taken IF participants:
- Have a CURRENT, UNEXPIRED certification card.
- The previous course was a RED CROSS certification course.
Participants may NOT recertify if their certification card is expired.
Participants may NOT recertify if their certification card is from another first aid organization.
A big focus of the course is on advanced first aid equipment including:
- Oral/Nasal Airways
- Oxygen Administration
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Measuring Blood Pressure
- Spinals – including boarding, cervical collars and helmet removal
- KED application (Kendrick Extrication Device)
- Traction Splints (Sager Traction Splint)
The course also teaches about serious injuries including:
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Deadly Bleeding and Shock
- Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Special Populations and Crisis Intervention
- Multiple Casualty Incidents
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care Manual (if participant doesn’t have current manual)
- Certification card, wall certificate (optional)
Oct 16-17 & 23-24 (9a-7p), Nov 6-7 & 13-14 (9a-7p), Dec 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p), Jan 15-16 & 22-23 (9a-7p), Feb 19-20 & 26-27 (9a-7p), Mar 12-13 & 19-20 (9a-7p), Apr 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p), May 12-13 & 19-20 (9a-7p), Jun 4-5 & 11-12 (9a-7p), Jul 16-17 & 23-24 (9a-7p), Aug 13-14 & 20-21 (9a-7p)