First Responder Course (FR)
Price is per person
- Length: 40 – 44 hours
- Minimum: 4 people per class
- Take Home: Emergency Care Manual, E-Certification Card (upon successful completion)
- Dec 7-8 & 14-15 (9a-7p)
- Jan 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p)
- Feb 22-23 & 29-Mar 1 (9a-7p)
- Mar 14-15 & 21-22 (9a-7p)
- Apr 18-19 & 25-26 (9a-7p)
- May 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p)
- Jun 13-14 & 20-21 (9a-7p)
- Jul 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p)
- Select course dates & options and pay securely through PayPal. Select Pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
- Right Reaction will email you full course details about 5-7 days before the course.
- Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd.
Price is per person.
This course is designed to teach advanced first response techniques including how to sustain life and prevent further injuries until advanced medical personnel arrive. The consequences of further injury are also explored.
The course includes First Aid & CPR/AED BLS Guidelines 2018 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Advanced First Aid.
- 40–44 hours with flexible scheduling options
- 3-year certification in First Responder
- Includes CPR Level BLS
- Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
- Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Responder Instructor or Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
- CPR/AED Level C is mandatory, but it is recommended that participants have completed a Standard First Aid + CPR/AED course.
A big focus of the course is on advanced first aid equipment including:
- Oral Airways
- Oxygen Administration
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Measuring Blood Pressure
- Spinals – including boarding, cervical collars and helmet removal
- KED application (Kendrick Extrication Device)
- Traction Splints (Sager Traction Splint)
The course also teaches about serious injuries including:
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Deadly Bleeding and Shock
- Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Special Populations and Crisis Intervention
- Multiple Casualty Incidents
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care Manual
- E-Certification Card, Wall Certificate
Dec 7-8 & 14-15 (9a-7p), Jan 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p), Feb 22-23 & 29-Mar 1 (9a-7p), Mar 14-15 & 21-22 (9a-7p), Apr 18-19 & 25-26 (9a-7p), May 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p), Jun 13-14 & 20-21 (9a-7p), Jul 11-12 & 18-19 (9a-7p)