First Responder Course (FR)
Price is per person
Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd.
We will email you full course details after registration.
- Length: 40 – 44 hours
- Minimum: 4 people per class
- Take Home: Emergency Care Manual, E-Certification Card (upon successful completion)
- Mar 20-23 (9a-7p)
- Mar 24-25 & 27-28 (9a-7p)
- Apr 9-12 (9a-7p)
- Apr 14-15 & 21-22 (9a-7p)
- May 5-6 & 12-13 (9a-7p)
- Jun 2-3 & 9-10 (9a-7p)
Price is per person.
This course is designed to teach advanced first response techniques including how to sustain life and prevent further injuries until advanced medical personnel arrive. The consequences of further injury are also explored.
The course includes First Aid & CPR Guidelines 2010 and meets Federal regulations and a variety of provincial/territorial regulations for Advanced First Aid.
- 40–44 hours with flexible scheduling options
- 3-year certification in First Responder
- Includes CPR Level BLS (formerly HCP)
- Includes AED (Automated External Defibrillation) certification
- Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Responder Instructor or Emergency Medical Responder Instructor
- CPR/AED Level C is mandatory, but it is recommended that participants have completed a Standard First Aid + CPR/AED course.
A big focus of the course is on advanced first aid equipment including:
- Oral Airways
- Oxygen Administration
- Automated External Defibrillators
- Measuring Blood Pressure
- Spinals – including boarding, cervical collars and helmet removal
- KED application (Kendrick Extrication Device)
- Traction Splints (Sager Traction Splint)
The course also teaches about serious injuries including:
- Respiratory Emergencies
- Cardiac Emergencies
- Deadly Bleeding and Shock
- Injuries to the Chest, Abdomen and Pelvis
- Special Populations and Crisis Intervention
- Childbirth Multiple Casualty Incidents
- Canadian Red Cross Emergency Care Manual
- E-Certification Card, Wall Certificate
Jan 20-21 + Jan 27-28 (9a-7p), Feb 17-18 + Feb 24-25 (9a-7p), Mar 20-23 (9a-7p), Mar 24-25 + Mar 27-28, (9a-7p), Apr 9-12 (9a-7p), Apr 14-15 & Apr 21-22 (9a-7p), May 5-6 + May 12-13 (9a-7p), Jun 2-3 & Jun 9-10 (9a-7p)