Wilderness First Aid [Upgrade/Bridge] (formerly Advanced Wilderness & Remote First Aid Upgrade/Bridge)
Course length: 20 hrs
[Remote First Aid (20 hrs) + WFA Upgrade/Bridge (20 hrs) = Wilderness First Aid (40 hrs)]
Price is per person
*You must have an unexpired Red Cross Remote First Aid & CPR/AED certification to take an Upgrade/Bridge course!
Wilderness First Aid Upgrade/Bridge (formerly Advanced Wilderness & Remote First Aid – AWRFA). Wilderness First Aid includes comprehensive First Aid and CPR/AED techniques for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in isolated or wilderness settings. Training is also suitable for those who act as guides or supervisors of groups of people.
- Includes CPR/AED C
- 50%+ taught in non-urban setting
- Sept 13-14 (9a-7p)
- Sept 28-29 (9a-7p)
- Oct 15-16 (9a-7p)
- Nov 5-6 (9a-7p)
- Jan 28-29 (9a-7p)
- Select course dates & options and pay securely through PayPal. Select Pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
- Right Reaction will email you full course details about 5 days before the course.
- Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd. Outdoor components at a local conservation area.
Wilderness First Aid Upgrade/Bridge (formerly Advanced Wilderness & Remote First Aid – AWRFA or Advanced WRFA). Wilderness First Aid includes comprehensive First Aid & CPR/AED techniques for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in isolated or wilderness settings. Training is also suitable for those who act as guides or supervisors of groups of people. The course covers the content from Standard Fist Aid & CPR/AED plus advanced strategies for providing extended care for more than 24 hours. Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
- 100% attendance
- Skills demonstration
- 80% or higher on written exam
Take Home Materials:
- Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid Field Guide
- E-Certification Card (upon successful completion)
- 3 year certification in Wilderness First Aid, CPR/AED level C
- Your health
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- Cardiac and respiratory arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Extended Care
- Evacuation – transporting the ill or injured person
Right Reaction Requirements
- Courses must have at least 4 participants in order to run.
- Course schedule is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- You must pay up front in order to be registered in a course.
Sept 13-14 (9a-7p), Sept 28-29 (9a-7p), Oct 15-16 (9a-7p), Nov 5-6 (9a-7p), Jan 28-29 (9a-7p)