Wilderness and Remote First Aid
Course length: 20 hrs
Price is per person
Basic level of Wilderness First Aid & CPR that covers course material in Standard First Aid & CPR plus special material on techniques for wilderness and remote areas. Course also covers strategies for providing extended care for UP TO 24 hours.
- Includes CPR/AED C
- 25 – 50% taught in non-urban setting
- Oct 5-6 (9a-7p) Course is FULL
- Oct 21-22 (9a-7p)
- Oct 26 & 27 (PRIVATE COURSE)
- Nov 4-5 (9a-7p)
- Nov 16-17 (9a-7p)
- Select course dates & options and pay securely through PayPal. Select Pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
- Right Reaction will email you full course details about 5-7 days before the course.
- Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd.
Basic level of Wilderness First Aid & CPR that covers course material in Standard First Aid & CPR plus special material on techniques for wilderness and remote areas. Course also covers strategies for providing extended care for UP TO 24 hours. Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training. Suitable for those who work or live in remote locations or who are outdoor recreation enthusiasts.
- 100% attendance
- Skills demonstration
- 75% or higher on written exam
Take Home Materials:
- Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid Field Guide
- E-Certification Card (upon successful completion)
- 3 year certification in Wilderness & Remote First Aid, CPR/AED level C
- Your health
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- Cardiac and respiratory arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Extended Care
- Evacuation – transporting the ill or injured person
Right Reaction Requirements
- Courses must have at least 4 participants in order to run.
- Course schedule is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- You must pay up front in order to be registered in a course.
Oct 21-22 (9a-7p), Oct 26-27 (9a-7p) PRIVATE COURSE, Nov 4-5 (9a-7p), Nov 16-17 (9a-7p)