Standard Child Care First Aid
Price is per person
Comprehensive First Aid & CPR training for individuals who need training for child care or early childhood education work, or who simply want more knowledge to respond to babies’ and children’s injuries and emergencies at home.
- Cost: $169.99/person
- Length: 14 – 16 hours
- Minimum: 6 people per class
- Take Home: Child Care First Aid & CPR Manual,
- Certification Card (upon successful completion)
Price is per person.
This course includes 2010 First Aid & CPR Guidelines and meets OHS regulations for Standard First Aid.
Comprehensive First Aid & CPR training for individuals who need training for child care or early childhood education work, or who simply want more knowledge to respond to babies’ and children’s injuries and emergencies at home. The course covers a variety of topics that teach the participant to respond to a variety of illnesses and injuries for children and babies.
About this course
- 14-16 hour course with flexible scheduling options
- 3-year certification in Standard Child Care First Aid & CPR/AED
- Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Aid Instructor
The course is designed for child care professionals, early childhood educators, parents and caregivers. Anyone with interest is welcome. There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Preparing to Respond
- The EMS System
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden Medical Conditions
- Environmental Emergencies
- Childhood Illnesses
- Keeping Children Safe
- Written exam (min. passing grade: 75%)
- Canadian Red Cross Child Care First Aid & CPR Manual
- E-Certification card (upon successful completion)