Emergency Child Care First Aid
Price is per person
This course provides an overview of First Aid and CPR techniques taught in an interactive environment for individuals who care for infants or children in the workplace or at home.
- Cost: $119.99/person
- Length: 7 – 8 hours
- Minimum: 6 people per class
- Take Home: Child Care First Aid & CPR Manual,
- Certification Card (upon successful completion)
Price is per person.
This course includes 2010 First Aid & CPR Guidelines and meets OHS regulations for Basic First Aid
This course provides an overview of First Aid & CPR techniques taught in an interactive environment for individuals who care for infants or children in the workplace or at home. It covers skills needed to recognize, prevent and respond to illnesses and injuries that affect children and babies.
About this course
- 7-8 hour course with flexible scheduling options
- 3-year certification in Emergency Child Care First Aid & CPR/AED
- Conducted by a certified Red Cross First Aid Instructor
The course is designed for child care professionals, early childhood educators, parents and caregivers. Anyone with interest is welcome. There is no prerequisite for this course.
- Preparing to Respond
- The EMS System
- Check, Call, Care
- Airway Emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies
- First Aid for Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest
- Head and Spine Injuries
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries
- Wound Care
- Sudden Medical Conditions
- Environmental Emergencies
- Keeping Children Safe
- Written exam (min. passing grade: 75%)
All topics are covered in-depth in the Standard Child Care First Aid & CPR course.
- Canadian Red Cross Child Care First Aid & CPR Manual
- E-Certification card (upon successful completion)