Advanced Wilderness and Remote First Aid Upgrade (Bridge)
Course length: 20 hrs
Advanced WRFA = 40 hrs (20 hrs Upgrade/Bridge from WRFA)
Price is per person
Comprehensive First Aid and CPR techniques for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in isolated or wilderness settings. Training is also suitable for those who act as guides or supervisors of groups of people.
- Includes CPR/AED C
- Prerequisite – Red Cross WRFA
- 50% + taught in a non-urban setting
- Apr 4-5 (9a-7p)
- May 9-10 (9a-7p)
- Jun 13-14 (9a-7p)
- Select course dates & options and pay securely through PayPal. Select Pay with Credit Card or PayPal.
- Right Reaction will email you full course details about 5-7 days before the course.
- Courses are in Hamilton, ON – Rymal Rd & Glancaster Rd.
Comprehensive First Aid & CPR techniques for those who need a higher level of training to work and respond to emergencies in isolated or wilderness settings. Training is also suitable for those who act as guides or supervisors of groups of people. The course covers the content from Standard Fist Aid & CPR plus advanced strategies for providing extended care for more than 24 hours. Part of the course is taught in an outdoor setting and requires greater physical activity and endurance than typical first aid training.
- 100% attendance
- Skills demonstration
- 75% or higher on written exam
Take Home Materials:
- Red Cross Wilderness & Remote First Aid Field Guide
- E-Certification Card (upon successful completion)
- 3 year certification in Advanced Wilderness & Remote First Aid, CPR/AED level C
- Your health
- Airway emergencies
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies
- Cardiac and respiratory arrest
- Wound care
- Head and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden medical emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Extended Care
- Evacuation – transporting the ill or injured person
Right Reaction Requirements
- Courses must have at least 4 participants in order to run.
- Course schedule is subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- You must pay up front in order to be registered in a course.
Apr 4-5 (9a-7p), May 9-10 (9a-7p), Jun 13-14 (9a-7p)